Lacommande, a small village in the Béarn region of France, located in the Jurançon vineyard AOC, has always been a stopover between Lescar and Oloron on the road leading to Aragon and Galicia via the Somport pass.
From its foundation by Gaston IV the Crusader, in the first quarter of the 12th century, the Espitau deu Faget d’Aubertii was placed under the control of the priory of Sainte-Christine du Somport. Together with the adjacent church, built around 1135-1140, the Espitau constituted the founding nucleus of a commandery that remained until the Revolution. The commandery of Aubertin, today Lacommande, was the most important element of the network of Saint Christine on the northern slopes of the Pyrenees. Its Romanesque church and its hospital are classified as Historic Monuments.
Descubra la Comandancia de una manera diferente con el espectáculo “Viaje en el tiempo”, un show de luz y sonido de 30 minutos.