Following the Canal de Berdún, the town centre of Mianos rises up on a small hillock that covers almost the whole of its municipal district. The course of the Aragón river forms its northern limit, and to the south the heights of Peña Nobla stand out, at an altitude of 1076 metres.
The municipality of Mianos has natural elements of great interest, as varied as its geography. Natural and repopulated forests cover most of the southern half of the municipality, the most mountainous and steepest part; remains of the old holm oak groves survive in the central area, on both sides of the Camino de Santiago, interspersed with fields of crops; and valuable natural copses mark the banks of the Aragón river.
The old Way of St. James, which is very well preserved in Mianos, crosses the municipality from east to west and passes next to the place where the
old Mianos was built, until it was moved to its current location around the year 1137. To serve travellers, walkers and muleteers, an inn was built at the foot of the Way, which already existed in the 18th century and is now in ruins.
Historically, Mianos was linked to the Monastery of San Juan de la Peña by donation from King Pedro I in 1093. In the upper part of the village stands the parish church of Santa Ana and the remains of the old fortified palace. Inside the parish church there is a magnificent 16th century altarpiece dedicated to San Sebastián and, above all, a little-known Renaissance masterpiece: the marvellous coffered ceiling of the roof and the choir loft, whose parapet is covered with decorative panels of great quality.
On the outside of the church there is a curious chapel called Nuestra Señora del Arco (Our Lady of the Arch), open to one side of the atrium. It has a Baroque altarpiece from the mid-18th century.
Mianos and its municipal district are well worth a visit for the traveller, who will find peace, tranquillity and magnificent views from the town centre.