In the heart of the Aspe Valley, north of the Chemin de la Mâture and the Portalet fort, the medieval village of Borce has welcomed pilgrims heading towards Compostela since time immemorial.
With an existence attested at least since the 14th century, Borce has always been an agricultural village. Close to the Spanish border, it was subject to the Treaty of Bayonne in 1862, which allowed certain Spanish shepherds to graze their animals on the territory of the commune.
Today, Borce is largely turned towards tourism, offering an interesting architectural heritage, as well as beautiful natural sites. Gourmets will also appreciate the local gastronomy, as the village is part of the ossau-iraty cheese appellation area.